Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sewing Machine Cover






This little project took me forever, because I just kept playing with which embroidery design I would use. I put a different one on each side. The embroidery was fun, but putting it together turned out to be a pain because I used clothesline for the piping and those upper corners were tough. I changed the foot on my machine to a #70 and that made all the difference.




My quilting is on hold as I keep finding other projects to do. Yesterday I made a twisted turtleneck tunic!!! I haven't made clothes since I was pregnant and that was quite awhile ago. I made it really quick and it turned out pretty cute. I wore it yesterday with skinny jeans and some boots and the men in the house were quite impressed. The picture isn't too great, the wind was blowing and it was freezing outside. I think I will be making more clothing, it was fun.

1 comment:

  1. Well, the sewing machine cover is darling, but I think you should have posted a photo of you in the tunic and skinny jeans! LOL

    Glad you are getting some sewing done. I think I'll find some non-quilty projects to work on, too!

    ReplyDelete