Friday, January 29, 2010

My Label


My new sewing machine has caused many additional purchases. I'm not talking fabric, I'm talking electronics here. First there was the serger, that cost a fortune. Then I got a new laptop. Then I got some software, and that is where I have been spending my time.

The software is called My Label made by Bernina. Bernina received lots of my money last year. I tell myself, it is my way of helping the economy and based on the news this morning, it appears I have helped our country bounce back.

I drank the Kool-Aide years ago when it comes to computers. I am a MAC girl. And as they say, once you go Mac, you can't go back. I tried. The Bernina program is made for PC's. Since my laptop is 6 years old, it could not run Windows programs like the new ones. Trying to save money, I did pick up a HP laptop in November. I absolutely hated it. I tried to get along with it. It irritated me to death, thankfully, the store had a return policy and I returned it. A few weeks ago I bought a new MacBook Pro. I bought Parallels, which is a program that enables you to use any software that have been made for PC's that you might want to use. My Label is one of them, and also the embroidery software that Bernina sells.

I have been spending my free time, playing with My Label. It is like playing with paper dolls. It is a 3D pattern software program. My time hasn't been spent on making quilts, but making clothes. I never thought I would be doing that again, but I am. My husband, is like, "wow, you made that?" I have been staying away from the Eileen Fisher boutiques for a couple of months now. Thank goodness, my checkbook is really liking that....

SO SANDY, that is where I have been. Still trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained and now it is off to the treadmill.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I am so glad to read all this. I just got a MacBook Air for Christmas AND an embroidery attachment for my Bernina. Does that mean I need to get Parallels now??

    Glad you are back! LOL Sounds like you have been very very busy!

    ReplyDelete