Friday, February 19, 2010

Sewing!!



I wish I had more time to do the things I like to do. I'm talking sewing here.Ever since I entered this stage of my life (that's another story), I have no time to do these things and I don't feel like I ever will. I work long hours and have a long commute. I am usually too exhausted to do much. The good news of the day is that it is FRIDAY! Yeah.

Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day. I should go skiing. But I could stay home and do some sewing. I have plenty of material to play with. I ordered some material from Marcy Tilton's website, but for some reason, it has not arrived. I ordered 5 yards and a CD. I think it comes from Oregon, which is right next door to me, but it isn't here yet. I am anxious to receive it! This is what I plan to makeNext weekend is supposed to be the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, Washington. I have never even heard about it. That is another thing I would like to do. Puyallup is like 5 minutes from here. I read that it is the "nation's largest sewing show". Marcy Tilton has some classes offered and so do many others. I really like Marcy Tilton. I bought one of her patterns, Vogue 8552. I have made several versions of this and the picture above is a version also, but she has pieced it somehow. I like it and also the material it is made of, which is what I am waiting for!

I found a new fabric store that I really like!! I think there are several around this area. It's Pacific Fabrics. Is it a chain? Any more around the country? They have pretty good basic fabric for clothing and the big surprise for me was that they have quilt fabric too. I don't mean JoAnn fabric quilt fabric, I mean Amy Butler, etc. As for notions, things I had looked for at JoAnn's and couldn't find, they had it at Pacific Fabrics. I think I have enough fabric to keep me sewing for awhile.

Sunday I have my My Label club. It will be my second time. I had some assignments to finish before class. One is the tunic top to see if I have my measurements correct in the program. THe boob area might be a bit tight. Either that or it's the weight that I have gained. OPPS!! Then I also made the elastic waist pants. They turned out great. I made them in black Tencel from Pacific Fabrics. I love Tencel. I also made a white turtleneck, tunic length, and made the collar more of a twisted cowl. It isn't too exciting, more of an experiment with my software program.

My next projects include a BIG shirt, I think a plain white, like this: Not quite that long but something like that.

Now I am off to my favorite clothing site, Eileen Fisher. She is just my style......

1 comment:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Love your blog! I work for Pacific Fabrics and just wanted to let you know that we are a local, family owned company that began over 60 years ago. We will have a huge booth on the 700 aisle in the Showplex at the Sewing Expo. You will LOVE the Expo - be sure to come and stop by to say hello! Annette Millard, Email Newsletter Editor, Pacific Fabrics & Crafts

    ReplyDelete