Friday, March 5, 2010

grandbaby


I have some news to share with anyone who wants to listen.......... I am going to be a grandma. Now do I look like a grandma? I don't think so : ) This might not be public information, but since this is such a quiet blog, no one is going to find out anyway. The date is around October 17, so we have a long way to go. This will be my first grandbaby. My mother has 2 great-grand son's, so I am hoping for a little girl, but I will take whatever I get. The sadness comes when I think that they are so far away from me. My little daughter-in-law is such a tiny thing and she has no mother but me. Oh, how I wish they would move near me. I bought some material at the Sewing Expo in Puyallup to make a little baby quilt. I was told of this baby as I was driving to the Expo, and then I couldn't think straight for the whole time I was there!!

I bought material at the Marcy Tilton booth and also some linen and Tencel at some booth that I can't remember the name. I think that is all I bought. I made a pair of pants so far, and I finished that white shirt. My husband took some goofy pictures of me in it, so I will post, when I get home.
I also am working on a 5-day headache. It just won't go away. I am so glad it is Friday and I will have 2 days off so I don't have to think about work. Work has been busy busy, but today, I gave myself a easy job(i am the boss thank goodness), so far so good, but soon I will have to go down to x-ray and do some hard procedures that may take several hours. Headaches associated with nausea are just no fun.....

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know how excited you are, and how much more excited you'll be when you're in my shoes ... one week away from actually holding your first grandbaby! LOL! Enjoy these precious months . . . they will fly by!

    Hope as the weekend moves in, your headache moves out. Take care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't believe how your life is about to change. My first grandchildren - twins - are two years old. Sometimes I would lie awake at night thinking how much fun we had that day. Like they say, the best is yet to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations. You will LOVE being a Gramma, There is nothing like it in the world! And you absolutely do NOT look like a Gramma, but I can already tell you have a Gramma's heart.

    Love the shirt. Your work is really beautiful.

    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete