Friday, March 12, 2010

Perfect Day for Making a BABY QUILT

My day off!! I love them. Today, it is raining and I love to stay inside and sew. I have a lovely view from my sewing room. Spring is on its way as the magnolia tree (or whatever it is) is starting to bloom.

Here is the quilt that I am making for my new(only) grand baby coming October 14th. I bought the material at the Sew Expo in Puyallup, that was the day I found out about this little one. I had no patterns, so I just thought I'd make a little coin quilt.

You can't tell I want a girl can you?


I decided to channel quilt the white strips, after much playing around.

I did lots of stitching in the ditch.

This is almost the finished product. I haven't started the binding, but I want to put some stitching in the coins and I can't decide what to do.

It's kinda blurry but can you see the x's. Or I could put some little flower design which sorta mimics the flowers on the backing.

SO if you would please comment and let me know what you think I should do

Should I:
  1. Stitch in the ditch
  2. leave it alone
  3. put x's in the ditch
  4. put a flower design in the ditch
PLEASE COMMENT
thanks :-)





2 comments:

  1. I think I would go with the flowers. There is too much quilting in the white to just leave it alone. With all those straight lines everywhere, you need some curves, Yup, Flowers.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete