Thursday, July 1, 2010




Here is my first strip quilt! I am completely bonkers about it. I made it for my daughter for her birthday.







She has not received the quilt yet. I am going to hand deliver it to her when I fly to Indiana. I hope she likes it of course, because I fell in love with it. I became completely hooked on strip quilts. I like this one so much I bought much of same fabric to make one for myself!








On the last quilt I made, I tried to sew the binding on with my machine, but quickly I realized that wasn't going to work. I tried it again with this quilt and was amazed at my improvement!

This picture is taken on the front of the quilt.
















This picture is taken from the back side and the perfect corners. How'd I do that so good?







The picture quality is really bad, I know. I take all my pictures from my iPhone. I have 3G, so no zoom, no flash. Soon, I will be getting the new iPhone with zoom, flash, 5 GB, and movie too. Can't wait to get that.

Rumor has it that Verizon will get a iPhone early next year. Maybe I will wait, maybe I won't. I really want that movie capability by October when my little grandson arrives!!!

Anyway, I am completely hooked on these strip quilts. I have 2 more in the works. I read another blog about someone being hooked on strip quilts months ago and now I understand it. Perfect for those of us who love contemporary quilts!!

3 comments:

  1. Well you sure ended up with a beauty for your very first string quilt. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a gorgeous string quit!!!! I love the colorway you used. I made two string quilts a few years back for my daughter's hs graduation and one for her best friend. I used a common center strip to give the illusion of lattice...red for one and blue for the other....with all manner of scraps for the rest. THey turned out great too. I think all string quilts must be pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love the colors too. Off for my run as well.

    ReplyDelete