Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas


This has been a fabulous Christmas for me. Even though I have had a touch of some sort of flu for the past several days, it was still the best.

My daughter flew in from Indiana. I didn't know she was coming until last Saturday, so that in itself is enough to send me over the edge. Felt like old times, when we would fly here to spend Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa. So both Amy and me are staying at Grandma's now and Grandma is taking care of us and spoiling us all week.

On Christmas Eve, together, we made the cutest bags.
My daughter is not a sewer, but I think she might have gotten the bug. I have Amy Butler's book, Style Stitches, and I showed her some bags that we could make. She picked some fabric from my stash. She chose Michael Miller's Owl by Myself, and a coordinating dot print. I chose some Amy Butler fabric from the August Field collection.


This is Amy, working with my machine, first time sewing, she is being so careful!

The front panel is done, she top stitched it perfectly!! She learned how to fussy cut and use a rotary cutter.

Amy thought the auto-cutter was so cool.

I think she did a great job!! She wanted to "funk it up" so she chose a bright purple zipper to use. In this photo it looks blue but it is very purple.



I had a great time making this bag, I plan on making many more in all sizes. I thought I would use this one to hold accessories while sewing that always end up next to my machine. Amy wanted to use it as a cosmetic bag. She says her make-up always "explodes" in her make-up bags, so I thought it should be lined with vinyl. Another learning process for Amy!

This is the one that I made. I swear if my daughter fell in love with sewing I would buy her a new machine. A little early for that, but I do have my old Viking. It could use a tune-up and I am sure it would be perfect. Now how can that be carried on a airplane?

No comments:

Post a Comment