Friday, May 27, 2011

March 27

Hello world,
I think today is the day that I am divorced, not quite sure. I signed the papers and feel it is time to celebrate. 5 years of a very different life for me. I am ready to get back to my normal life. If he signs papers today, it will either be filed in the courts today or this coming Tuesday.

I now live in downtown Seattle in a high-rise apartment and living where I should have been living for the past 7 years, instead of living in a rural area with someone that I don't quite know how I ended up with. Unfortunately, I was taken to the cleaners. I guess this is what happens in this state and my attorney friend thinks I did okay. He at least didn't take any of my retirement which he kept threatening me that he was going to do. I married someone who loved to spend my money and I felt like a hamster on a wheel trying to keep up with the bills. I also didn't like financing an adult child as he sat and watched movies all day long after sleeping until noon. I was up at 4:30 getting ready for work, and would leave both the husband and his son sleeping and when I arrived home after working 10 hours and a 2 hour commute, they were home watching movies......I am stuck paying half of his $14,000 Visa that was in his name and I had no connection to. I guess I have to pay for my mistake and that is what I am doing. I am ready for my new life.

So here I am, in my cute little apartment, drinking Vodka tonics and writing to a blog that I haven't written on in a few months.

I have been sewing though. I made a quilt for my new place. Pictures soon....


2 comments:

  1. Ahh, and now it will all come out right! Day by day, do what you need to do for you, and to feel like you, and it will get better and better! Promise -- been there, done that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with Catskill Quilter. One step at a time, that is why you have two feet :)

    ReplyDelete