Sunday, July 31, 2011

Inspiration

I have been doing so much reading lately, I have had no time for sewing. My million dollar machine is feeling lonely. I decided to take a trip to Pacific Fabrics. Pacific Fabrics closed the store that I used to go to before I moved to Seattle. In my adventures checking out the stores around here, I was thrilled to find the Pacific Fabrics just 7 miles from where I sit. I jump on the freeway and I am there in minutes. Today I picked up a bunch of laminate fabric to make more bags. But then when I got home I started playing around with fabric and books and online stuff and I found this picture from Denyse Schmidt's website and my mind is now wanting to make one of these. The pattern is called Drunk Love 2-tone. My last quilts have been made with solid fabrics, so this fits right in. Now to decide the colors. It took me 2 seconds to figure out that I wanted to do red and orange, something like the top quilt that you can barely see....



I don't really care about quilt patterns much any more but it just so happens I have the book that this pattern is in. It must be meant to be. It is now late Sunday night, the weekend is almost over. My father has a birthday tomorrow, he will be 84. My parents are driving up here and I am going to take them out to dinner. The good thing is that I don't work tomorrow. Yeah. I will try to do some sewing before they get here....

Inspiration is kicking in......

1 comment:

  1. Well, I wondered where you had been! Hope you read some good books in all that time. LOL

    LOVE the Drunk Love quilts -- what colors will you use? Can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete