Saturday, December 10, 2011

holy moly



I actually have been doing quite a bit of sewing lately, did you ever have a favorite shirt that had seen better days? Well I have one of those. It is my favorite designer, and I know I have a spending problem with her. I do not want to spend another $98 on a simple little shirt. So I decided to copy it. The first shirt I didn't make a pattern piece, which I did because it fit perfect, just a bit snug. So now I am trying to make a pattern piece

Here is the tracing that I did with a temporary marker. Love these little weights to hold the fabric still.



The front piece is the cut on the left. I bought the fabric several years ago, so it felt like I made this shirt for free. I have a large stash of basic fabric for tons of stuff that I am making now. I also just ordered some fabric from Emma One Sock. That site even has some Eileen Fisher fabric that I buy occasionally!  Can't wait for my purchase to arrive. 




 The shirt was done completely on my BabyLock serger. Sometimes I wish a serger had a speed control because it goes too fast.




I always have to make a label. I was thinking my own label could be koroknits.




My serger does a fabulous cover stitch. I did all the hemming for the sleeves, neckline, and hem with the cover stitch,  it was finished so fast.


 I love it!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a professional job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to use my coverstitch option on my Evolve more often. I'm about to make the Renfrew knit top and I really love how your neckline and hem look using the coverstitch option.

    Found your blog through PR - you are the featured member today! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, who would of ever thought they would feature me?? Thanks. The neckline was super easy! I can understand why some people have a extra machine for coverstitch only, even though the BabyLock is super easy to change threads, it's a pain to go back and forth.

      Delete